Her sister credits prayers and angels for saving Lisa Holman's life.
The Alabama mother made national headlines last week when she disappeared after her car crashed down an embankment.
"Believe in the power of prayer,'' Holman's sister, Kathy Holman Caufield, tells AL.com. "I believe angels were watching over her and protecting her every step of the way. I don't have any shadow of doubt about that."
According to ABC, Holman's vehicle was found wrecked Friday sometime after 9 p.m. off CR 36 between Bent Creek Drive and Brasher Road in Pelham, Alabama, just outside of Birmingham, Shelby County Sheriff's Office told ABC station WBMA.
Search-and-rescue crews combed the wooded area all day Saturday with no success. On Sunday morning, they found Holman, alive and well, minus some broken bones.
"She said she prayed the entire time,'' Caufield says.
Those who have followed the story also recognize the rescue as an act of God.
"Thank you JESUS!" one person commented.
Several other wrote, "Praise God" or similar sentiments.
Pelham Police Chief Larry Palmer says his team is still working to piece together the timeline.
"I want to personally thank everyone involved in the search for Lisa Holman. This was a true community effort...from surrounding law enforcement agencies, to fire and rescue, to search teams and volunteers. I also want to thank local media outlets for sharing Lisa's story with you," Palmer says. "While we are still working to piece together the events of the past few days, we do want to let you know Ms. Holman was alert when we found her, and she was able to walk out of the woods to medical professionals standing by to treat her. We are thankful to serve a community where help and support is offered at a moments notice. We are so happy this situation had a good ending."
A search-and-rescue volunteer highlighted a young man named Ryan, no last name given, who assisted Holman as soon as she was found.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details