Target Corp. announced last week that it will close a dozen stores in 2018, and the company's stock remains at just over 60.
The 12 stores, CNBC reported, are spread across Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota and Texas, and will close February 3.
For the past year and a half, the American Family Association (AFA, afa.net) has been spreading the word about its highly successful and 1.5 million-signature strong #BoycottTarget initiative, which was a robust response to Target's dangerous and misguided policy that allows men in women's fitting rooms and restrooms and puts families at risk.
"Target is making many attempts to entice shoppers, but one move could welcome 1.5 million customers and their families back to stores—reversing the dangerous policy that puts women and girls in danger," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "Voyeurs and predators know that they can gain easy access to their next victims at Target, and that has been proven time and again. As AFA has stated many times, our worries do not stem from fear of the transgender community, but rather, from both the real and potential threat that predators and voyeurs, or anyone with evil intentions, would take advantage of the Target bathroom policy to harm women and children—and we have plenty of incidents to show that they have. It's not too late to sign AFA's #BoycottTarget pledge and vow not to shop at Target—neither in store nor online."
Target has been desperately grasping at ideas to recover lost business, including remodeling existing stores and opening smaller stores, lowering prices, hiring more holiday staff and introducing a new home line from Chip and Joanna Gaines. But Target stock remains relatively stagnant, opening at 61.50 today—certainly nowhere near the mid-80s of April 2016, when the AFA boycott began.
AFA is urging shoppers to take action in several ways to show the retailer they are committed to #BoycottTarget:
- Sign the #BoycottTarget pledge. Encourage family and friends to sign the pledge, too.
- Voice your concerns on Target's Facebook page.
- Call Target to politely let its executives know you've signed the #BoycottTarget pledge—Guest Relations, (800) 440-0680, option 1, then 1 again.
- Share the boycott information on social media and be sure to use #BoycottTarget.
- Visit afa.net/target for more tools and information on the #BoycottTarget initiative.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details