Delilah Rene, the country's most popular female radio host, is going off the air "'for a time" as she mourns the loss of her son Zachariah, but she's also going public about her grief.
On Facebook, Rene told fans that her son took his life after being treated for and battling depression for some time.
My dear friends, I need to share some devastating news with you. In the early morning hours, Tuesday, Oct. 3, my son, Zachariah, took his life.
He was being treated, counseled and embraced fiercely by family and friends while battling depression for some time now. My heart is broken beyond repair and I cannot fathom how to go on ... but I have to believe he is at peace with the Lord and that God will get us through.
I will be absent from the radio and on social media for a time as I grieve and try to process this loss with my family. In the meantime, we'll be playing some of my favorite shows from the recent past. I'll look forward to my return, as you all lift me up so very much!
Please pray for my beloved Zacky, and I will pray for all suffering from this debilitating disease called depression.
In 2012, Rene spoke with the 700 Club about her spiritual journey, saying, "My faith in God is so important to me and gives me so much joy and hope."
Rene is the single mom of 13 children, 10 of whom are adopted. She lost another son, Sammy, in 2012 due to complications from sickle-cell anemia.
More than 389,000 fans have reacted to Rene's post with over 147,000 commenting. Barbara Duffy Bogart told Rene, "You have helped so many people over the years with your honesty and caring love, and now it is our turn to help you with all of our prayers and compassion."
Delilah's show reaches eight million listeners on hundreds of radio stations in the U.S. and Canada. She calls it a "safety zone where listeners ... share their secrets."
Delilah was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 2016. She started out in 1983 at KLSY in Seattle with a concept for a show that would not only take song requests from listeners but allow them to share their stories and struggles with a sympathetic host.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details