Taylor Benge says he was in fight-or-flight mode as Stephen Paddock rained bullets down on a country music festival in Las Vegas early Monday morning.
"If it were over here, and I took cover, there were still bodies on that side of people just laying in pools of blood," Benge tells CNN. "I still didn't know if that was safe or not."
But during the worst mass shooting in U.S. history in which the death toll currently stands at 50 with more than 400 injured, Benge says he had a change of heart.
"It's a fight or flight situation. You can't really, you just gotta take it to God at that point and hope that you can make it," Benge says.
"I know I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I'm just, you know, I was agnostic going into that concert, I'm a firm believer in God now because there's no way that, you know, all that happened and I made it and I was blessed enough to still be alive here talking to you today."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.