Facebook has rejected a new family-friendly Fourth of July video that recounts America's Christian heritage, because it doesn't follow the company's "advertising policies for advertising adult products or services."
The short animated video, produced by Heirloom Audio Productions founder Bill Heid, warns that the nation's future depends on returning to "God's revealed Word." The video is called The Lost Secrets of Liberty.
Heirloom Audio was set to launch an advertising campaign for the video on Facebook when the social media giant sent notice Wednesday that the ad was not approved due to "images or videos that show nudity or cleavage." Although the Facebook message didn't specify the problem, Heid assumed it was due to a non-graphic image of Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel painting included in the video.
"I applaud Facebook for having standards," Heid said. "However, I'm also deeply saddened by the tragic and unjustified banning of our new family-friendly Christian production. I created this Independence Day video for parents to watch with their kids so they could discuss the origins of America's liberty."
Heirloom Audio submitted an appeal to Facebook, but as of Thursday afternoon, the company declined to comment or respond to the appeal.
The video can be viewed or downloaded free at TheLostSecretsOfLiberty.com. A license is not needed to show it in public.
In the video, Heid discussed the meaning of "liberty" from the perspective of the Founding Fathers.
He also recounts little-known facts about America's Christian heritage, such as:
- Ethan Allen demanding the surrender of the British at Fort Ticonderoga "in the name of the Great Jehovah and the Continental Congress."
- John Adams declaring that the centralization of religion had as much to do with American independence as did taxation without representation.
- Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin promoting a scene out of the book of Exodus as the national seal.
"While we're still free, and while we've still got time," Heid said, "we've got to teach the next generation that our country can only be protected from tyranny, moral relativism and anarchy by finding the very context for freedom itself—found in God's revealed Word."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details