The American Family Association (AFA, www.afa.net) is reporting that recently in The Woodlands, Texas, a woman was sexually violated when a man freely entered the women's dressing room and began videotaping her trying on bathing suits.
In an Action Alert to its more than 1 million friends and supporters, AFA noted that store security cameras clearly showed Target employees in the area did not attempt to apprehend the peeping Tom after the victim screamed for help.
"So many disturbing and frightening elements exist in this sad story," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "First, this woman should have been safe in a dressing room specifically reserved for her gender. But especially troubling is the fact that even after the woman screamed for help, two store employees stood by and allowed it to happen, which is unthinkable. Pool toys, picnic supplies, bathing suits and beach towels can all be purchased elsewhere. Shopping at Target is not worth the risk! We are asking shoppers not to put themselves and their children in the path of danger."
According to a KTRK television report, the woman can't get the images out of her head. "I feel really scared right now," she said.
In response to the incident, and many others like it, Wildmon has written a scathing and passionate open letter to Target CEO Brian Cornell, where he says:
We have warned you over and over and over again that your bathroom and dressing room policy puts customers at risk for physical and emotional violence.
This past sexual incident in your The Woodlands, Texas, store is just one more example of how your company's disregard for the safety and well-being of women and children has scarred another life.
Mr. Cornell, just how many more people have to suffer before you stop the insanity? Sexual assault is real. In light of this latest case, how can you be so callous as to continue to allow men to enter women's dressing room areas?
AFA is asking those who feel strongly about Target's misguided actions to read the letter and urge Cornell to reverse the company's dangerous policy. Thus far, nearly 34,000 have signed the letter in agreement. AFA is also asking citizens to take action in several other ways:
- Forward information about Target's policy to friends and family. Invite them to sign the #BoycottTarget pledge at www.afa.net/target.
- Call Target headquarters at 612-304-6073 and personally let them know you are boycotting their stores.
- Make a comment on Target's Facebook page.
- Share this tweet on Twitter: Hey @Target, men don't belong in women's restrooms and changing areas. #BoycottTarget http://bit.ly/2q3wUnJ
- Call your local manager and politely remind them that you are still boycotting Target. Find local Target store numbers here.
Last month, Wildmon hand-delivered another 500,000 #BoycottTarget pledge signatures to Target headquarters in Minneapolis, after which AFA leadership briefly met with Target executives about the retailer's dangerous and misguided restroom and fitting room policy that puts women and children at risk. The first million signatures were delivered in May 2016.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details