To say that LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers got outplayed by the Warriors in games 1 and 2 of the 2017 NBA finals would be a serious understatement. One thing we know is certain: Golden State is tough to beat when Stephen Curry finds his groove.
From a guy who many thought was too little to play at the highest level to becoming the league's most valuable player, Curry's journey has been one propelled by hard work and dedication.
Some years back, Alan Stein attended the inaugural Kobe Bryant Nike Skills Academy and noticed something unusual about Curry. In a YouTube video recapping the event, Alan noted that it was Curry's habits and work ethic that shined brighter than any other player's talent. Before each session, Curry had already drained 100–150 shots and was in a full sweat by the time his peers hit the floor.
For Curry, success is not an accident, it's a choice. But there is much more that separates the 6'3'' all-star point guard from the rest, and it's his faith in Jesus.
Steph Curry was raised in Charlotte, North Carolina, by Christian parents who began every morning with a required family devotional time before school. As a result, Stephen Curry has developed into a solid man of God, one who never shies away from sharing his faith.
Sometimes while on the basketball court, Curry points his index finger upward as an outward sign and reminder that God gets all the glory for his success.
But regardless of his health or how he plays on any given night, Curry remains rooted in one of his favorite Bible verses—Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things because of Christ who strengthens me."
It's not too often that we get to see athletes bring the Bible out on the court, but that's exactly what Stephen Curry does each game through his trademark shoe with Under Armour.
In an interview with Decision, Steph acknowledged that, "Obviously, there's a lot of hoopla and fanfare that follows you wherever you go, but I know where my talent comes from. I know why I play the game, and it's not to score 30 points a night, but it's to use the stage I'm on. I've been put here for a specific purpose: to be a witness and to share my testimony as I go through it."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details