A pastor formally mentored by Bishop T.D. Jakes has officially resigned, according to a statement released by The Potter's House of Denver on Facebook.
Pastor Chris Hill was accused of having an extramarital affair with a married church employee who is also his goddaughter.
The church announced that Hill submitted a letter of resignation which would be effective immediately, and that after weeks of counseling, the Colorado pastor and his wife of 20 years, Joy, will be seeking a formal separation.
Allegations of the affair were made public by Joy, who sent a mass text message to members of his mega-church in Colorado.
She alleged that she was able to prove that her husband had an affair with their goddaughter Shirnae McFarlene.
CBN News reached out to the church at that time for comment and received the following statement:
"Chris Hill is taking several weeks away from the church to work on family issues. We feel that it would be inappropriate for us to comment in more detail at this time, but we ask you to join us in prayer for the family. As more information becomes available, we will keep our church members updated and our services are continuing as scheduled."
The church is an expansion of The Potter's House of Dallas founded by Bishop T.D. Jakes.
Their Facebook post has now been removed.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details