Saeed Abedini, who was held captive and tortured for nearly four years, was sentenced to more jail time this week.
The pastor, who faced brutal treatment in an Iranian prison, pleaded guilty to charges he violated his ex-wife's restraining order. Naghmeh filed the order once Saeed returned to the States after his imprisonment. The couple is now divorced.
A local judge in Idaho sentenced Abedini to 180 days in jail, but suspended all but five days. Those he will work off through community service.
Abedini, who is very active on his Facebook page, has not commented on his guilty plea or new sentence.
"This was a personal matter that I won't share in public," Abedini told the Idaho Statesman. "I will write something in my book in the future."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details