The Federal Bureau of Investigation issued a terrorism alert for Thanksgiving Day and Inauguration Day, according to CBS.
The warning comes after al-Qaida declared the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade an "excellent target."
"While there is no specific threat information about possible attacks in our area, as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, law enforcement and members of the public must remain guarded," the Boston FBI said in a statement.
CBS reports the alert specifically warned of homegrown terrorists and cited shopping malls, special events and other crowded venues as possible targets.
Potential tactics that could be used include guns, IEDs or drones equipped with IEDs in "Target-rich" zones such as Washington, D.C.
The FBI recommends the following steps to prevent terrorist attacks:
- Surveillance: Are you aware of anyone video recording or monitoring activities, taking notes, using cameras, maps, binoculars and so forth near key facilities/events?
- Suspicious Questioning: Are you aware of anyone attempting to gain information in person, by phone, mail, email and so forth regarding a key facility or people who work there?
- Tests of Security: Are you aware of any attempts to penetrate or test physical security or procedures at a key facility/event?
- Acquiring Supplies: Are you aware of anyone attempting to improperly acquire explosives, weapons, ammunition, dangerous chemicals, uniforms, badges, flight manuals, access cards or identification for a key facility/event or to legally obtain items under suspicious circumstances that could be used in a terrorist attack?
- Suspicious Persons: Are you aware of anyone who does not appear to belong in the workplace, neighborhood, business establishment or near a key facility/event?
- "Dry Runs": Have you observed any behavior that appears to be preparation for a terrorist act, such as mapping out routes, playing out scenarios with other people, monitoring key facilities/events, timing traffic lights or traffic flow or other suspicious activities?
- Deploying Assets: Have you observed abandoned vehicles, stockpiling of suspicious materials or persons being deployed near a key facility/event?
If yes, the FBI asks the reader contact the authorities.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.