This past week, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) pulled all championship events out of North Carolina for the 2016-2017 season, simply because the state passed a law, known as HB2, which requires men and women to use the restroom or locker room corresponding to the gender on their birth certificate.
American Family Association (AFA), which has been bringing awareness to restroom laws and policies that protect the public, namely through the highly successful #BoycottTarget initiative, says the NCAA is becoming a politically motivated organization.
"With the passage of HB2, Gov. Pat McCrory and the state of North Carolina were simply protecting women and children from sexual predators and voyeurs," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "Along with punishing North Carolina, the NCAA is forcing all potential championship host sites to fill out an 'Anti-Discrimination Policy' questionnaire that assures men have access to female bathroom facilities."
In fact, question No. 6 from the policy reads in part, "Does your institution have provisions that interfere with any person's choice of bathroom or locker room?"
Therefore, if a college or institution does not allow men and women to share the same restroom or locker room, the NCAA will not allow them to host a championship event. Even more restricting, if the city or state in which the college is located does not legally allow men access to the same facilities as girls, then the NCAA can deny the college the chance of hosting a championship event.
"The NCAA is using its influence to make sure men can use the same restroom or shower as women and girls—and that is wrong," Wildmon continued. "Policies allowing men in ladies locker rooms, courtesy of the NCAA, are coming to a college town near all of us—unless we speak up!"
In its latest Action Alert to its more than 1 million friends and supporters, AFA is suggesting several ways that concerned citizens can urge the NCAA to respect state laws that protect women and children by rescinding this dangerous policy and reinstate North Carolina with 2016-2017 championship events.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details