With little fanfare, a replica arch from the Temple of Baal was unveiled in a New York park, but one righteous man took a stand.
Robert Boatwright quite literally took up his cross in City Hall Park in New York City to protest of the arch this week.
"I felt led to carry a representation of the cross that the Son of God spilled His blood on that we might again dwell in the kingdom of God," Boatwright tells Charisma News. "I also wanted to call attention to the absurdity involved in a tribute to Baal by any affiliation. A temple that involved the sacrifice of infants does not reflect the God-given instinct to survive in humanity. It is akin to placing a reconstructed gate to Auschwitz after it was destroyed and stating it represents humankind's most endearing qualities."
Boatwright says he initially planned to carry the cross by the arch, also known as the Arch of Palmyra, when plans were unveiled for an April arch placement in Times Square. However, plans for that arch where scrapped.
According to Gothamist, the Islamic State destroyed the actual Arch of Palmyra. The arch was originally the entryway to the Temple of Baal, but was later converted to a Christian church and, eventually, an Islamic mosque.
When he learned an arch would indeed be placed in New York in September, he felt the Holy Spirit lead him to protest. Boatwright's Florida pastor prayed over and commissioned him, and his boss funded the trip north.
With America at a tipping point, Boatwright felt there was a prophetic anointing on his actions.
"I do not believe that God left out the United States in the dream that Daniel interpreted for Nebuchadnezzar. If He had, He would have left out the most powerful, most exporting of culture and of goods nation, and the richest nation to exist in this epoch," Boatwright tells Charisma News.
"That having been said, I believe that the mystery Babylon John spoke of Revelation was in fact this country. Of course only time will tell. However, when the tower of Babel was destroyed and ultimately Nimrod was slain, his wife-mother deified him and he became one of the Baals, the Sun God. Today's events further implied such a relationship to me. I believe it is important for believers to intercede for the people for their eyes to be open to the sins of those in power and for the days that we live in. The remnant must become bold, a lot saltier, and realize that we are what we eat if we are to effectively proclaim the only good news there is and the reward of the Lamb that was slain to make us righteous and free ... truly free."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details