The American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ) said today it is disappointed that the U.S. Supreme Court struck down common-sense safety standards for abortion clinics—regulations designed to protect women. The 5-3 decision in the case of Whole Woman's Health v. Hellerstedt struck down a Texas law regulating abortion clinics.
The ACLJ filed an amicus brief with the high court on behalf of more than 156,000 Americans and several pro-life organizations urging the court to uphold the Texas law, arguing that "abortion is a procedure fraught with hazards."
"The Court missed a critical opportunity to protect women by upholding common-sense safety standards for abortion clinics," said Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel of the ACLJ. "It is disappointing that a majority of the court voted to reject these safety standards—disappointing but not necessarily surprising since the majority once again relied on the 'abortion distortion' factor in reaching its conclusion. This decision underscores the bias applied to the issue of abortion. Justice Alito summed it up best with his dissent: 'The Court's patent refusal to apply well-established law in a neutral way is indefensible and will undermine public confidence in the Court as a fair and neutral arbiter.'"
Sekulow added: "Sadly, the majority embraced the false narrative of the pro-abortion industry—that childbirth is more dangerous to a woman than getting an abortion. The assertion is not only inaccurate, it is patently false. And it's troubling that the majority bought into this false narrative."
In addition to the more than 156,000 Americans represented in the brief, several other pro-life organizations have signed on to the ACLJ brief including the Family Research Council, the Texas Conservative Coalition and The Houston Coalition for Life, which owns and operates a mobile Crisis Pregnancy Center which provides free sonogram services to expectant mothers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details