Recovery from a significant stroke is "unlikely" for TBN co-founder Jan Crouch, Christian recording artist Carman posted on his Facebook page Saturday. Crouch, 78, has been hospitalized since Wednesday in Orlando, Florida.
"The official word is out ... and after careful medical evaluation recovery of any kind is unlikely," Carman's Facebook post read.
The TBN family has been asking for miracle healing prayers for the Christian media pioneer since her hospitalization.
The Crouch's oldest son, Paul Jr., made this post on Facebook: "Please bombard heaven for my mother, Jan Crouch. She's in the hospital in Orlando and needs a miracle."
The Crouch's younger son, Matt, posted this on TBN's Facebook page Saturday: "Thank you for joining your faith with us and agreeing for our precious mother, Jan Crouch, as she receives comfort from Jesus and ministering angels from a life-threatening stroke. Thank God WE are NEVER alone. Much love, Matt and Laurie."
Crouch and her husband, the late Paul Crouch, founded the Trinity Broadcasting Network in 1973. She produced multiple television programs including Praise The Lord, The Glory of America and Say Yes. Paul Crouch passed away in 2013.
Carman said the Crouches built the "greatest Christian network of preaching the gospel in history." In recent years, Carman suffered through a bout with cancer and it was Jan Crouch who supported him emotionally and financially.
"Jan is the president and is totally irreplaceable," Carman's Facebook post read. "I've been close to her for 40 years. She is family to me. We have won countless souls to Christ together through that network. She is the best friend you can ever have when your going through a crisis and feel like everyone has abandoned you. Example: When I went through 10 months of cancer treatment and sent out 600 letters to 600 churches I've ministered at for support, and not one responded, it was Jan who paid my bills so I could focus on my fight with cancer. Her words to me was (sic), 'Just get well.'"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details