Franklin Graham will not tolerate New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's bullying of conservative—or their favorite chicken sandwiches.
"Can you imagine a city where a popular, successful business is singled out and attacked by the mayor who calls for a boycott—all because the business owners let it be known that they operate by Christian principles and believe in God's definition of marriage? You don't have to imagine. That's exactly what just happened to one of America's most successful businesses. Chick-fil-A has almost 2000 restaurants and sales of more than $6 billion annually. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that doesn't like their chicken sandwiches—and their high quality service," Graham posted to Facebook.
"I have known the owners of Chick-fil-A, the Cathy family, for many years and have great respect for them. They just opened a new store in New York and Mayor De Blasio took the gloves off and came after them, calling for a boycott. Doesn't this sound like bullying, intolerance, and discrimination? All because someone won't roll over to the LGBT agenda."
"I'm certainly not going to patronize them, and I wouldn't urge any other New Yorker to patronize them. But they do have a legal right," he said.
"This group imparts a strong anti-LGBT message by forcing their employees and volunteers to adhere to a policy that prohibits same-sex love. ... It is outrageous that Chick-fil-A is quietly spreading its message of hate by funding these types of organizations," the mayor said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details