Faith Driven Consumer (FDC), representing 41 million Americans who spend $2 trillion annually, has earned wide recognition for its groundbreaking FaithEqualityIndex.com (FEI), which scores more than 500 major brands for compatibility with the FDC community, and also for its Faith-Friendly Film Review entertainment rating system.
Today, amidst growing consumer backlash over Target's (Faith Equality Index Score 39/100) announcement that it will allow men in women's bathrooms and changing rooms, FDC is calling on its community of 41 million who spend $2 trillion annually to engage in a national #BUYcottWalmart effort by choosing Target's arch-rival Walmart (FEI Score 51/100) and nine alternative brands offering products in competition with Target.
"There's a critical business lesson to be learned with Target's recent decision: When including one group, don't expressly exclude another," said Chris Stone, founder of FDC. "In its statement explaining why it is allowing men in women's bathrooms and changing rooms, Target pointed out that inclusivity is at its core, and that everyone deserves to be protected equally. However, hundreds of thousands of consumers around the country are expressing frustration because they specifically feel excluded by Target's actions and, more importantly, unprotected and unsafe in Target stores. They have reacted by signing up to boycott the retailer. Our question to consumers is: So you've decided to #BoycottTarget, now what?
"We believe a BUYcott offers consumers what they actually need and want. If you are unsatisfied with Target, the most effective way forward is a BUYcott—actively doing business with another brand that is a better fit for you. And in this case, that better fit is arch-rival Walmart.
"We are calling on our community today to #BUYcottWalmart, and choose one of the 10 alternative brands that score higher than Target on Faith Driven Consumer's Faith Equality Index."
#BUYcottWalmart—10 Alternatives to Target:
- Hobby Lobby: 57/100
- Walmart: 51/100
- Aldi: 47/100
- Academy Sports: 46/100
- Cabela's: 46/100
- Toys"R"Us: 45/100
- Bed, Bath, & Beyond: 44/100
- Dick's Sporting Goods: 42/100
- Publix: 40/100
- Trader Joe's: 40/100
To see how more than 500 brands score on compatibility with Faith Driven Consumers—as well as other communities in the diversity space—visit FaithEqualityIndex.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details