In approximately 24 hours, more than 162,000 concerned citizens signed American Family Association's #BoycottTarget pledge after the retail giant publicized its policy to allow transgender individuals access to store bathrooms and fitting rooms of the opposite sex.
"Corporate America must stop bullying people who disagree with the radical left agenda to remake society into their progressive image," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "#BoycottTarget has resonated with Americans. Target's harmful policy poses a danger to women and children. Predators and voyeurs would take advantage of the policy to prey on those who are vulnerable. It's clear now that many customers agree. Target shoppers are leaving their allegiance to the store behind—and by the thousands every hour. No store can withstand that sort of loss."
Target had announced this week, "[W]e welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity. ... Everyone deserves to feel like they belong," further stating that the policy was not new but a more overt "restatement" of an existing corporate policy.
"We want to make it very clear that AFA does not believe the transgender community poses this danger to the wider public," Wildmon said. "Rather, this misguided and reckless policy provides a possible gateway for predators who are out there."
In a statement on the subject, Wildmon offered a common-sense and reasonable solution—a unisex option, which would cost Target money but would not alienate shoppers.
"A boycott, and customers leaving the store in droves, will cost even more," Wildmon said. "If Target is truly committed to a solid policy that's good for business—for everyone—and if they're truly committed to the transgender community, the company will spend the money for a unisex compromise. Anything else smacks of an agenda-driven publicity stunt that stands in complete disregard for people who reject the policy."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details