"I'm sorry to announce that Gayle Tucker passed away late this afternoon," Mike said, according to Adventist Review.
Gayle, who battled pancreatic cancer, was part of the Faith For Today television network since 2009.
"She was always with Mike—but she had a vision and passion for ministry and for reaching people in relevant ways," said Daniel R. Jackson, President of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America. "She had a tremendous impact on couples. As a woman, she demonstrated a level of ministry commitment that is a model."
According to the Mad About Marriage website, Gayle devoted her life to ministry, after serving for 16 years as pastor of administration, music and worship at the Arlington Seventh-day Adventist Church in Arlington, Texas.
She was the first woman to become a Credentialed Commissioned Minister in the Southwestern Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, according to her biography. Gayle has a background in elementary education and has made family relationships an emphasis in her ministry.
Before her death, Gayle and Mike traveled North America for several years as co-presenters for From This Day Forward and Love For A Lifetime marriage conferences.
Mike posted to Facebook after his wife's death:
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;
8 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
12 So death works in us, but life in you.
13 But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I BELIEVED, THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe, therefore we also speak,
14 knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.
15 For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is bspreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.
16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details