After a down-to-the-wire win against the New England Patriots to win the AFC Championship, the Denver Broncos are headed to Super Bowl 50 this week to take on the Carolina Panthers. And for his second trip to the big game, tight end Virgil Green is hoping for his first Super Bowl ring, but knows there's something much greater in life too.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes Magazine highlighted Green in the "6 Questions" feature for the January/February 2015 issue, which gives fans an inside look at some of their favorite faithful athletes. After the win against the Patriots that secured the Broncos' spot in the big game, Green tweeted: "All Glory to God!!!! Once again I Love My Squad!!!! #SB50."
"We're thrilled for Denver Bronco tight end Virgil Green as he heads to Super Bowl 50," said Clay Meyer, editor of FCA Magazine. "And we love when fans get to see players give God all the glory for the wins, as well as trust Him during the losses. The players we feature in FCA Magazine know that what they do in life, rather than on the football field, has much more impact for eternity, especially in reaching young fans who are looking up to them."
"6 Questions" with Denver Broncos tight end Virgil Green:
1) Being a Christ follower means: Believing that Christ died on the cross for my sins and putting my full trust and faith in Christ through the good and bad times.
2) Something most people do not know about playing in the NFL is: There is a lot more studying than expected in terms of watching film and knowing the playbook.
3) I intentionally bring Jesus into my game by: Praying before every game and writing on my right wrist tape 'Faith' and 'Psalm 91.'
4) The most memorable moment of my football career has been: Beating Boise State my senior year at Nevada for the first time in 10 years and winning the WAC Championship.
5) One piece of athletic advice I'd share with kids is: You have to be willing to work. No matter what, let nothing stand in the way of the pursuit of your dreams.
6) One piece of spiritual advice I'd share with kids is: Never be embarrassed of your faith. People will try to make it seem like being a Christ follower is weird. Like Ephesians 6:10-18 says, "stand firm."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer