Liberty Counsel is defending Sandra "Susan" Merritt in both the criminal indictment announced yesterday in Houston and against Planned Parenthood's lawsuit claiming that her connection to undercover videos produced by the Center for Medical Progress, exposing Planned Parenthood's gruesome trade in baby body parts, is a violation of the federal "Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations" or "RICO" statute.
In a stunning announcement this week, a Texas grand jury indicted Susan and David Daleiden for allegedly "tampering with governmental record" "with intent to defraud and harm" Planned Parenthood. The jury was supposed to investigate Planned Parenthood but is now charging the whistleblowers. Liberty Counsel will defend Susan against both efforts to silence her.
Founded by David Daleiden, the Center for Medical Progress has investigated Planned Parenthood and released undercover videos of Planned Parenthood executives coldly talking about harvesting organs and attempting to sell body parts from aborted babies. One Planned Parenthood official was videoed wrangling over the price, saying, "I want to buy a Lamborghini."
"Not a single Planned Parenthood executive caught on camera has come forward to deny that it is her voice, image or statements being depicted," David Daleiden wrote in USA Today.
"Planned Parenthood is the 'Corrupt Organization" 'here, and the Texas indictment is outrageous," said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel. "One of the prosecutors in the Houston office has been a board member for Planned Parenthood and has posted this fact on social media," Staver continued. "The fact that our client has been indicted and Planned Parenthood was not is mind-blowing," Staver said. "Anyone who has watched Planned Parenthood employees sort through dismembered baby parts and heard the Planned Parenthood officials attempt to sell them knows that Planned Parenthood is the criminal, not our client."
Liberty Counsel is an international nonprofit, litigation, education, and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono assistance and representation on these and related topics.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details