Davey Blackburn experienced unimaginable pain in recent weeks after his wife was sexually assaulted and murdered in their home during a break-in.
Before police made an arrest, however, some Fox television personalities "dragged (Davey's) name through the mud" says NewSpring pastor Perry Noble.
"I really do hope and pray that Megyn Kelly, Jeanine (Pirro) and FOX News will strongly consider issuing a public apology for the report that was aired on Thursday, November 12 on The Kelly File where Davey's involvement was called into question and essentially his name was dragged through the mud–which all led to a book promotion," Noble writes in a recent blog post.
"As a result of this report, Internet trolls began popping up everywhere, accusing Davey and issuing their own 'conspiracy theories' as to how he had to have somehow arranged this."
Noble continued: "I have always admired Megyn Kelly and her journalistic ability, so when I saw this report by her on FOX I was both shocked and disgusted. The Kelly File should apologize for this as journalistic integrity was tossed out the window for the purposes of a book promotion."
Multiple suspects were arrested in the case, including a teen who was booked a preliminary murder charge.
After the arrests of self-proclaimed "The Kill Gang," Davey Blackburn released the following statement:
"(My hope is) that Jesus would give me and our family a heart of forgiveness," he says. "Though everything inside of me wants to hate, be angry, and slip into despair I choose the route of forgiveness, grace and hope. If there is one thing I've learned from Amanda in the 10 years we were together, it's this: Choosing to let my emotions drive my decisions is recipe for a hopeless and fruitless life. Today I am deciding to love, not hate. Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness. Today I am deciding to hope, not despair. By Jesus' power at work within us, the best is STILL yet to come. Even when I don't see it, I believe it to be true."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details