TruthWorks President James Ryle died Saturday from congestive heart failure.
"It is with an unbelievably heavy heart that we inform you that our brother, James Ryle, went yesterday to be with His Jesus. As we are saddened here on earth, we know that James is in the place that he dreamed of going," reads a Facebook post.
According to a biography on his TruthWorks website, Ryle was the founder and president of TruthWorks, as well as one of the founding members of Promise Keepers.
He was involved public speaking since 1972, serving as pastor of two churches, chaplain for the University of Colorado football team, and ministering as an evangelist, Bible teacher and popular conference speaker throughout the nation and abroad. He is a best-selling author, and a contributor to both the NKJV Spirit Filled Life Bible, and the NIV Worship Leader's Bible.
Many in the Christian community are mourning the loss of Ryle, including prophetic voice James Goll.
"Another great prophetic champion and Master Communicator has departed way too soon," Goll posted on Instagram. "James had suffered from congestive heart failure in recent years and is survived by his wife, Belinda. James was the clear voice behind the birthing of the Promise Keepers Movement. We will all miss you James. You lived life so well. Heaven is fuller once again. My heart rejoices in salvation thru Jesus and is yet heavy at the same time."
Many are sharing their sentiments on Ryle's Facebook post.
"He will be missed, but he leaves an amazing legacy. My husband and Son met him many years ago in Hamilton NZ, he was a very down to earth speaker, my son was encouraged by him... Blessings to His family..." writes one person.
Another posted: "We treasure every moment we spent with James. Years ago, we connected with James while my husband was helping him with his website. We shared sweet memories yesterday of times spent with him where he absolutely made our kids feel like part of the conversation - he engaged them every time, told the joke with his hand where he raised up that shortened finger like a dog's head (our son thought that was the best!), and kept them entertained the night that the news was filled with stories of a potential war with Iraq (spring of 2002 maybe?) so they wouldn't be scared at all the junk on the tv at the restaurant where we were eating. I could regale you with the stories of what he taught about Jesus, and how he wrote and shared such amazing poetry, did amazing art, etc., but what blessed me more was how we was with people individually. What a treasure! Our loss is Heaven's gain. Farewell, James! See you again soon."
The post on Ryle's Facebook timeline says memorial service details will be coming soon, but it will be held after Thanksgiving.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details