A same-sex couple is petitioning the court for the right to marry, but the court refused.
What makes this couple different from the others granted marriage licenses across the country? They're legally father and son.
Retired teacher Nino Esposito adopted his partner Roland Drew Bosee in 2012, CNN reports.
Bosee tells CNN the adoption "gave us the most legitimate thing available to us."
Gay news site The Advocate says the adoption process between gay couples was a common practice before legalized gay marriage.
"Adoption offered legal protections for same-sex partners when it came to matters like hospital visiting privileges and inheritance laws. But now with marriage equality, some couples in this situation are finding it difficult to annul their adoptions so they can legally wed," the site reports.
In Pennsylvania, orphans court Judge Lawrence O'Toole denied Bosee and Esposito's request for an adoption annulment.
The Post-Gazette reports O'Toole denied the request because the state law gave him no authority to annul an adoption.
When the Supreme Court struck down bans against gay marriage in June, the Christian community issued varied responses.
"Still, it's interesting that many Christians, including evangelicals, are coming to the conclusion that it's possible to support legal same-sex marriage and also affirm the church's traditional definition of marriage. Many Christians are attempting to negotiate the new normal on this," Barna President David Kinnaman says.
Other Christians pointed to the "slippery slope" philosophy SCOTUS brought forth.
Charisma News columnist Michael Brown highlighted this point in his article "Why Can't Two Gay Brothers Marry?"
"So, go ahead and mock me and tell me there's no slippery slope," Brown writes. "As I've said before, you can mock my words today but you'll mark them tomorrow."
Now, barely two weeks later, fathers and sons are asking to be joined in matrimony.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details