Josh Duggar has confirmed the data released in the Ashley Madison hack was, indeed, his, and revealed he has been struggling with a pornography addiction.
"I have been the biggest hypocrite ever," Duggar writes on the Duggar family blog. "While espousing faith and family values, I have secretly over the last several years been viewing pornography on the Internet, and this became a secret addiction, and I became unfaithful to my wife."
Josh is married to Anna, and the two have four children, including recent arrival Meredith Grace.
In May, Josh admitted to molesting five girls, including his sisters. He resigned from his position at the Family Research Council after the information became public.
Now, he finds himself apologizing once more for his actions.
"I am so ashamed of the double life that I have been living and am grieved for the hurt, pain and disgrace my sin has caused my wife and family, and most of all Jesus and all those who profess faith in Him," Duggar writes.
The rest of his statement is as follows:
"I brought hurt and a reproach to my family, close friends and the fans of our show with my actions that happened when I was 14-15 years old, and now I have rebroken their trust.
"The last few years, while publicly stating I was fighting against immorality in our country, I was hiding my own personal failings.
"As I am learning the hard way, we have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences. I deeply regret all hurt I have caused so many by being such a bad example.
"I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Please pray for my precious wife, Anna, and our family during this time."
The Duggar family, formerly of 19 Kids and Counting, has been dealing with the fallout of Josh's choices since the molestation allegations surfaced this summer.
The family has undergone significant changes, including the cancellation of their TV show, two new babies with a third on the way.
In addition, Duggar daughter Jill and her husband, Derick Dillard, moved to South America in recent months.
Josh Duggar's bombshell revelation about his "double life" is something many families across the country are experiencing in the wake of the Ashley Madison data hack.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details