Though Billy Graham's grandson says he may be working toward the reconciliation of his marriage and family, his wife disagrees.
Tullian Tchividjian resigned from his post as senior pastor at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church after admitting to having an "inappropriate" relationship.
"The statement reflected my husband's opinions but not my own. Please respect the privacy of my family at this time, thank you. I do thank everyone for the outpouring of love for my family as well during this difficult time and we appreciate all the prayers and support we are receiving," Kim Tchividjian told the Washington Post.
Tullian Tchividjian, told the Post that his affair was a result of him seeking friendship after Kim had cheated on him. The two have separated, the Post reports.
According to the Sun Sentinel, Kim and the couple's children are living alone in Florida home.
Though pastors are held to higher standards, the couple's recent actions highlight the value of grace in the gospel, as well as that pastors and leaders are not exempt from temptation.
"No one is beyond the reach of Satan's grasp. Although I'm disappointed, my faith is not shaken because only Christ should be placed on a pedestal," writes Charisma News columnist Shane Idleman. "The line is so thin that it is often hard to determine when we cross over. Weak areas such as drugs, alcohol, pain meds, sex, anger, marriage issues, and so on are 'opportune times' for the enemy to strike. We must expose these areas through repentance, and install safeguards and accountability."
As family members of famed evangelist Billy Graham, the couple has made headlines before.
Earlier this year, Tullian came under fire for saying pastors shouldn't preach politics from the pulpit. Before that, he was criticized for how he bowed out of the Gospel Coalition.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details