The Obama Administration will soon require faith-based, charitable groups which receive federal grants to hire homosexuals and transsexuals. That disturbing revelation comes straight out from published reports from the Center for Family and Human Rights.
Here's the backstory: Last summer, Obama inked an executive order requiring federal contractors to provide what Congress refused to pass, namely civil rights status for sexual behavior or subjective gender identity.
Now Obama is reportedly adding the "sexual orientation and gender identity" mandate to humanitarian groups that receive federal grants as well. Federal contracts are awarded when a federal agency is acquiring something; grants are awarded when a federal agency is providing assistance.
"Faith-based organizations are providing assistance in communities across America, such as adoption, youth centers, child care and development programs, youth counseling, shelter and much more," said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel.
The bottom line, as Staver calls it, is this: Not only will Christian youth programs be required to hire homosexuals, the facilities will be required to open housing, locker rooms and restrooms to people of the opposite sex who subjectively say they are the opposite of their obvious biological sex.
"This is ludicrous!" Staver contined. "Christian organizations cannot offer biblical counseling and, at the same time, hire people who do not follow the Bible and their doctrinal positions on human sexuality. Ultimately, this LGBT regulation is going to cause irreparable harm to the children and the needy."
As Staver sees it, this is another example of the Obama Administration's hostility toward people of faith and biblical values. Just like he has done with the use of state department funding for foreign nations, he says, Obama is now using funding to force his immoral agenda on religious organizations.
"Obama is using the poor and disadvantaged hostages to advance his radical ideology," says Staver. "Congress has the power to halt funding and to resist the president in this clear abuse of power. I call upon Congress to have a backbone and finally do something to stop President Obama."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details