The Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA) is not only failing to see growth, it appears to be dying on the vine.
A new report from the Office of the General Assembly shows that the denomination, which capitulated to the gay agenda, has less than 10,000 churches after an exodus of Bible-believing pastors.
Recently, 34,000 black churches broke ties with the PCUSA, among others. Meanwhile, you have Presbyterian ministers who don't believe in God yet still claim to be Christians. Franklin Graham has had plenty to say about the PCUSA's apostasy.
Total membership at the end of 2014 was 1,667,767. That's compared to 1,760,200 at the end of 2013 and 1,849,496 at the end of 2012.
"Membership declines continue, but on a whole the denomination is settling into the new thing God is creating," says Gradye Parsons, Stated Clerk of the General Assembly of the PCUSA. He insists the denomination is still "made up of vibrant congregations doing their best to live out the gospel of Jesus Christ in their communities and in the world."
Some may argue that, but what can't be argued is the declining membership. According to the report, the total number of churches in 2014 was 9,829, compared to 10,038 in 2013 and 10,262 in 2012. Significant of the 209-church-loss of 2014 was the fact that only 101 of those were dismissed to other denominations, a decrease from the 148 congregations dismissed to other denominations in 2013.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.