Michelle Bachmann has never been shy about her faith or lacked the boldness to confront the difficult issues. The former congresswoman didn't hold back on Jan Markell's Understanding the Times radio broadcast this week.
For starters, she warned that God is going to bring judgment on America thanks to President Obama's foreign policy. She called Obama ignorant of Islamic scripture and Islamic history and accused him of intentionally lying to the American people.
"He constantly talks about perverting Islam, but we have literally centuries and centuries of theory and practice of the Quran and the Hadith, which are traditions, the works of Islamic jurisprudence, that say one complete, consistent truth and that's that they want to have a nuclear weapon," she said. Bachmann was explaining that Shia Islam has throughout its history sought an apocalyptic vision to bring about the entry of the 12th imam. Today's version is a nuclear weapon.
"There is no fatwa out there," she added. "This is a lie, in my opinion, that the president is perpetrating. But that's what we've seen—a doctrine of deception. From the time Barack Obama has come in, I have witnessed firsthand a doctrine of deception." Bachmann was pointing to statements from President Obama asserting the Ayatollah had issued a fatwa which stated Iran would not seek a nuclear weapon. However, neither the president nor the Ayatollah have ever given evidence of an actual fatwa.
Bachmann then turned to a more hopeful thought: the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
"The good news that I want to transition to is that, remember the prophets said in the Old Testament, they longed to look into the days that we live in, they long to be a part of these days. That's why these are not fearful times, these are the most exciting days in history," Bachmann said.
"Every single day we can talk about God's time clock and the fact that Jesus Christ's return is imminent. We have very little time, in my opinion, left before the second return of Christ. That's good news. Maranatha, come Lord Jesus. So do we despair? The despairing is that we see that our world is not going the way of salvation and the way of blessing, the world is embracing degeneracy."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details