Today, the Family Research Council expressed opposition to the Final Rule issued by the Department of Labor to implement Executive Order 13672, which requires all federal contractors to add "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" as protected categories.
President Obama signed the Executive Order on July 21, 2014.
Peter Sprigg, FRC's Senior Fellow for Policy Studies, made the following comments:
"President Obama was wrong to unilaterally impose upon half a million private employers, representing 42 percent of the civilian workforce, a legal requirement (with a $50 million compliance burden) that Congress has consistently refused to impose by statute.
"Even the unsuccessful proposed 'Employment Non-Discrimination Act' (ENDA) has always, up to now, included an exemption for religious employers in its proposed language. The absence of any such exemption from President Obama's order or from the Department of Labor's Final Rule illustrates how extreme this measure is.
"The 'gender identity' provisions of this Rule raise irreconcilable conflicts between separating restroom, dressing, and sleeping facilities on the basis of biological sex or on the basis of 'gender identity,' and the possibility of uncounted compliance costs related to the construction of 'single-user restrooms' to ensure privacy.
"Given its dramatic impact on so many employers, this Final Rule should not have been promulgated without notice or opportunity for public comment," concluded Sprigg.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details