Christian churches, ministries and individuals around the country recently joined together for 21 days in Ferguson, Missouri, to exalt Jesus above the conflict in what was coined "The Ferguson Response."
This coalition is urgently inviting Christians across the world to continue to fast and pray for the restraint of violence and for spiritual transformation in anticipation of the pending grand jury announcement concerning Officer Darren Wilson.
Ferguson Response Director Jonathan Tremaine Thomas says, "Both authorities and citizens in St. Louis are bracing for a potential eruption of violence not only here but possibly around the nation. Not everyone is prone to violence but various
ideological groups have converged on the area and there is international presence. Some see it as a flashpoint for the advancement of anarchist agendas and have made serious threats, but we see it as a flashpoint for revival. We have clearly seen the prevailing hand of God and know that He responds to His people when we fervently pray."
In October, a tent was erected in Ferguson where eight to 10 hours of praise, worship, intercession and evangelism occurred daily. Believers of every hue worked together to provide opportunities for residents to experience God.
"There were miraculous healings and deliverances, a couple of major protests were turned into prayer meetings, a few violent situations were defused through supernatural intervention, 50 people surrendered their lives to Jesus and many more heard the gospel," says Pastor Jeff Riddering. The tent expression ended on Oct. 25 with a free community feast. An estimated 750 plates were served as guests enjoyed music, drama, dance and other activities, including a panel discussion with the great granddaughter of Dred Scott and a niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Although it was an incredibly powerful time, we've only just begun. I believe this crisis is a clear invitation to the church to manifest the love of God, but He is exposing our hearts. Jesus always deals with iniquity in us before He deals with inequity around us. Regardless of the facts and the outcome, every believer has a major role to play in the healing of these wounds and peace in the nations. It's critical that we respond to the Lord now," says Thomas.
A free prayer-guide download as well as more information about The Ferguson Response and ongoing spiritual renewal efforts in the region is available at thefergusonresponse.com
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details