One year has passed since the Christian ministry Exodus International closed its doors.
The group tried to help gay men and women change their sexual orientation—but in the end, they apologized to anyone they had hurt in the process.
Now there's a growing movement among believers who struggle with same-sex attraction, with some calling themselves "gay Christians" who focus on celibacy instead of transformation.
They say you can be gay and Christian as long as you're celibate.
Matthew Vines is the author of God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships.
"It's a subtle but significant shift," the Religion News Service quoted Vines, who is openly gay.
"They're saying, 'There's nothing wrong with being gay in and of itself,' and that is a big change," he said.
Is celibacy a workable solution for people who want to walk with Christ but are unable to overcome their same-sex attraction? Dr. Linda Mintle, a licensed family therapist, addresses this question and more. Click play below for her comments.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details