Charisma House hosted the official launch of the Modern English Version (MEV) Bible translation into the trade market in a highly anticipated one-day event at Charisma Media in Lake Mary, Florida, on Friday.
The MEV is the most modern translation produced in the King James tradition in 30 years. This word-for-word translation maintains the beauty of the past yet provides fresh clarity for a new generation of Bible readers. The MEV also accurately communicates God's Word anew as it capitalizes references to God, maintaining reverence of the Scripture.
"As a team, we have worked enthusiastically to present the MEV Bible translation to the trade market via this event," says Tessie DeVore, executive vice president of Charisma House. "To Bible readers who value biblical truth, the MEV literally translates God's Word in a way that preserves the message but remains readable for today's world. Because of this, we anticipate that the MEV will have broad ecumenical and consumer acceptance."
Christian retailers from all over the country traveled to Charisma Media's corporate office to hear experts, scholars and translators, such as N. Blake Hearson, Ph.D., and Rudolph D. Gonzalez, Ph.D.
The day's events included video presentations, sales and marketing discussions, and background information on the product development of the Bible lineup.
Projected products were also unveiled, such as the MEV Thinline Reference Bible, the KJV/MEV Parallel Bible and the SpiritLed Woman Bible. Guests came away with knowledge of the MEV translation's origins, how Charisma House became its conduit to the world, and projections for the future of Bibles in the trade.
"I am excited and humbled by what took place in the life of Charisma House this week," says Jason McMullen, publishing director of the MEV. "We were privileged to gather with retailers and brothers and sisters from around the country to think about and collaborate for the dissemination of the MEV, the holy Word of God."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details