The disagreement between pro-life activists and pro-abortionists is not new, but the latter have recently become more violent.
Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life America, sent the following letter in an email to supporters on Thursday evening, detailing how a high school student was assaulted when handing out pro-life materials.
"I just got off the phone with one of our 17-year-old high school leaders in Alabama who is in the Emergency Room.
"Thankfully, he is going to be OK ... but he has a broken nose.
"And all because he was standing for life!
"Ke'Ontai was at a neighborhood park passing out our 'Abortion Is Not Social Justice' postcards we sent him, when one man started arguing with him about when life begins. He shouted at Ke'Ontai that his wife had just had an abortion because 'that's what they needed to do.'
"And when Ke'Ontai tried to give him some post-abortion counseling material, the guy yelled that he didn't want it, pushed Ke'Ontai down and started punching him in the face.
"After telling him to file a police report, I asked Ke'Ontai if he needed anything from our team.
"His reply stunned me. Ke'Ontai told me that he has forgiven the man who assaulted him and just wants pro-lifers across the country to pray for the man and wife.
"Our high school coordinator, Missy, and myself have had a conversation with Ke'Ontai about handing out postcards with a buddy in the future. I want you to know that Ke'Ontai won't be letting this assault stop him.
"Ke'Ontai is a courageous young man ... one that I am proud to say we helped train and equip. Now he is more motivated than ever to do all that he can in his school and community, especially his predominately African-American neighborhood, which, according to their own outrageous admissions, is targeted by Planned Parenthood.
"Our team has been working with Ke'Ontai for over a year now. He tried to start a Students for Life group at his high school and was blocked several times, but that didn't even stop him. He continued on and started a community group instead and has already reached hundreds of teens with the truth about abortion.
"Ke'Ontai will be joining our team this summer at our Virginia headquarters for advanced training. I can't wait to print out and give him all of your messages in person!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details