After less than nine months of marriage, Cady Lewis had to say goodbye to her husband, Jordan. Their love story has inspired many and will continue to be an inspiration long after his death.
Jordan Lewis, an Oral Roberts University graduate, was diagnosed with stage 4 sinus cancer in the spring of 2011, two days before his 21st birthday.
When the cancer returned two years later, Jordan and Cady—who met at ORU—knew they wanted to be together for his journey. They got married on June 29, four weeks later, with support from their community.
Only 23 years old, Jordan lost the battle on Thursday.
“He fought the most heroic battle of faith that I have ever witnessed. I am honored I was chosen to be his partner in this war,” Cady Lewis wrote on Facebook Friday.
She said her husband changed her life and showed her a new way to live and that he “loved relentlessly, forgave quickly, fought tenaciously, and served The Lord loyally and passionately.”
Lynette Lewis, Jordan’s stepmother, wrote in a blog post Saturday, “He and our one-in-a-million daughter-in-law Cady, arm in arm, locked in a grip of love that few will ever know, faced the giants, resisted them tirelessly with never a complaint or bitter edge, laughed their way through, smiled and thanked and praised their way through.”
Jordan Lewis’ best man, Carl Roth, says he was immediately drawn to Lewis’ warm nature.
“He was the nicest individual he was so nice and so caring about others and was so willing to go out of his way in order to make everybody else feel comfortable, feel accepted,” Roth said, according to Tulsa World.
A memorial will be held for Jordan Lewis on Wednesday at 3 p.m. in ORU’s Christ Chapel. Cady Lewis has asked people to wear bright colors as they celebrate the beginning of new life.
“My brave hero runs to his Father after fighting the good fight. (Also, he would not want us to be sad),” she wrote in a separate Facebook post.
There will be an additional memorial service in Durham, N.C., where Lewis is originally from, at 4 p.m. Friday at Kings Park International Church.
The family is asking for donations to the Jordan Lewis Missions Fund in lieu of flowers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details