At a news conference in Detroit on Monday, more than 100 pastors and Christian leaders from the city of Detroit and throughout the state of Michigan will join together at First Baptist World Changers Church in Detroit at 10:30 a.m., in support of the Michigan Marriage Amendment that was passed by voters in 2004.
The pastors will bring their collective voices in support of traditional marriage between one man and one woman as a federal bench trial, DeBoer v. Snyder, is set to begin in Detroit on Tuesday, which will debate the 2004 marriage amendment as well as the state's adoption law.
"We, over 100 pastors and Christian leaders from not only Detroit, but across the state of Michigan, want to send a message that there are yet still pastors in the city and state—in truth, the overwhelming majority of pastors—who stand by both our Michigan Constitution and our Judeo-Christian values," says pastor Lennell Caldwell, of First Baptist World Changers.
"We believe that marriage between one man and one woman creates the best possible environment for the health and wellness of children," he continues. "While we agree that every American has a right to choose to live as he or she wants, no one is entitled to redefine marriage."
On Tuesday, Judge Bernard Friedman of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan will begin to preside over DeBoer v. Snyder, a lawsuit that will address both the 2004 voter-approved amendment to the Michigan Constitution that defines marriage between one man and one woman, as well as the state adoption law. News media have indicated the trial is expected to last at least eight days.
"We believe that the family structure is absolutely and eternally connected to human flourishing," says Apostle Ellis Smith, of Jubilee Church in Detroit. "Moreover, children do far better when raised by a man and woman who are married, receiving the unconditional love and support of both their mother and father."
There are several vital points the pastors wish to highlight about God and marriage between one man and one woman:
- God created marriage as a covenant between one man and one woman.
- God created marriage between one man and one woman to be the foundation for building a family.
- God created sexuality as an expression of unity between a man and a woman in the marriage covenant.
- God created the covenant of marriage between one man and one woman as a replication of the covenant between God and man.
"The issue of marriage protection is not a matter of conservatism, liberalism, libertarianism, Democrat or Republican platforms, but is a matter of righteousness," says Rev. Dr. Roland A. Caldwell, pastor of Burnette Inspirational Ministry. "It is a matter of biblical principles."
The pastors in support of this message are from the Baptist Pastors' Fellowship, Westside Ministers' Alliance, Concerned Pastors Fellowship Minister Alliance and others who are coming forward in support of support of Michigan's Marriage Protection Amendment.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details