With a view toward reaching youth beyond North America, Teen Mania—best known for its high-tech, high-energy, counter-culture youth rallies called “Acquire the Fire”—will be expanding its ministry focus to a more global ministry strategy.
“We are headed to Dallas with our eyes focused on the 1.5 billion teenagers worldwide whose lives and character will be shaped by culture or Christ,” says Ron Luce, founder of Teen Mania, which is not only making an address change but a name change to Teen Mania International.
“Our new home and name reflect a refined ministry strategy to achieve what has always been our mission—to provoke a young generation to passionately pursue Jesus Christ,” Luce says.
Leaders from many nations have invited Teen Mania to conduct Acquire the Fire events in their nations, saying, “Our teens are more like American teens than even our own culture. Can you come and help us reach them?” This move will help make these kinds of events possible.
“In Dallas, we are better positioned to leverage technology, transportation and creative synergy with other ministry and professional partners to achieve our mission,” said Luce, who moved Teen Mania Ministries 17 years ago to the rural East Texas setting of Garden Valley.
The move also makes sense in light of the newly minted accreditation relationship between Teen Mania’s Honor Academy and The King’s University, which is based in Southlake, Texas.
Steve Riggle, president of The King’s University, says, “The numbers are staggering when you consider how many students and young adults have been impacted by Teen Mania, Acquire the Fire, Global Expeditions and the Honor Academy since their founding years ago by Ron and Katie Luce."
“The King's University is honored to come alongside Teen Mania and offer those who choose to pursue their education and ministry training through the Honor Academy, a fully-accredited degree program with academic excellence,” Riggle adds.
“We are grateful beyond words to have made great friends here and seen millions of young lives changed through the ministry that has taken place on and through this property," says Luce, who along with the ministry board has released the Garden Valley property to its California mortgage holder for marketing and sale. "But the reality of land management is no longer practical or germane to the international scope of the organization. These changes poise us to be better financially positioned for strength as we move forward with a global focus.”
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.