As the country reflects on 41 years since the landmark Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in the U.S., the 1-million-constituent-strong American Family Association says the four-decades-old law needs to be revisited and Americans’ votes must speak up for those who can’t.
“We have the most pro-abortion president in the history of the United States,” says Tim Wildmon, president of the American Family Association. “It’s a sad time in our culture when our leaders won’t stand up for the helpless babies who will never have the chance to take their first breath or cry, play, run, learn and grow into adults who would contribute to society. Furthermore, the damage extends far beyond these little lives, as mothers, fathers and families are scarred forever by abortion.”
According to LifeNews.com, a leading news agency on right-to-life issues, more than 56 million unborn babies have died as a result of the devastating 1973 court decision—1.2 million babies annually, or one abortion every 26 seconds.
“The time to extend civil rights to the tiniest Americans is long overdue,” Wildmon adds. “We must elect pro-life senators in this extremely important midterm election year, as well as a pro-life president in 2016. Millions more American people are pro-life today.
“This generation is more pro-life than the one preceding it—thanks to ultrasound technology and the ability to see an unborn child in the womb. It is imperative that life issues be at the top of our legislators’ lists for issues that affect our nation. Ending abortion must be given the utmost consideration at voting time, and we must send pro-life lawmakers to Washington.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details