Billy Graham has once again been named by Americans as one of the most admired people in the world.
It’s an honor the 95-year-old evangelist has held 57 times in the 67 years the annual Gallup poll has been conducted.
Graham first appeared on the list in 1955. Since then, he has been named among the top 10 most admired men a record number of times.
According to Gallup, each year, American adults are surveyed by phone and asked to answer an open-ended question about which person in the world they admire most. 2013’s survey took place Dec. 5-8 and polled 1,031 Americans.
President Barack Obama took the top spot, with 16 percent of those polled naming him as “most admired.” The sitting president has held the No. 1 position for 57 of the last 67 years.
Former President George W. Bush and Pope Francis were tied for the No. 2 spot. Graham and former President Bill Clinton were next on the list.
Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin topped this year’s list of most admired women.
While Graham holds the record for most appearances on the “most admired men” list, Queen Elizabeth II holds the record for most appearances on the women’s list, with 46 top 10 finishes since 1948.
Graham turned 95 on Nov. 7, the same day his latest video message, The Cross, aired on nationwide television.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association enlisted the help of young believers including rapper Lecrae, singer Lacey Sturm and professional football player David Tyree, all of whom joined Graham in explaining the Gospel to people across North America.
“With all my heart, I want to leave you with the truth,” Graham told millions of viewers who watched The Cross.
The “pastor to presidents” says he has wept for the United States and prays continually for Americans to repent of their sin and put their faith and hope in Jesus Christ.
This article originally appeared on BillyGraham.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details