Faith Driven Consumer has launched the IStandWithPhil.com
The network suspended Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty because he expressed disagreement with gays in a GQ interview. In the January issue, he called homosexuality a sin and used the words bestiality and promiscuity in the same breath.
IStandWithPhil.com is garnering strong support from Faith Driven Consumers with its call for tolerance, fairness and respect for differing viewpoints in America’s rainbow of diversity. By Thursday, the petition had more than 10,000 signatures.
The petition states, “Mr. Robertson’s comments in GQ Magazine are simply reflective of a biblical view of sexuality, marriage, and family—a view that has stood the test of time for thousands of years and continues to be held by the majority of Americans and today’s world as a whole.
“Many members of the LGBT community may not agree with this view, but the notion that a free-thinking American should be discriminated against simply for expressing a perspective that is in conflict with another is patently un-American and flies in the face of true tolerance and civility.”
Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer, explains, “Simply put, Phil Robertson is being censored and punished for quoting the Bible, and A&E’s treatment of him is punitive and highly discriminatory. Everyday people will not stand for this; they know bullying and violation of religious freedom when they see it. A&E’s actions are censoring faith-driven consumers and eliminating them from an entertainment choice that they have overwhelmingly supported.
“IStandWithPhil.com is leading the charge in the call for fairness and equality as we defend the fundamental American right to free speech and tradition of tolerance.”
The IStandWithPhil.com online petition drive cites the A&E network’s “intolerant, discriminatory and punitive treatment” of the Duck Dynasty star, noting that “A&E's position, which in your own words is ‘championing’ the gay and lesbian community ... excludes the views of Faith Driven Consumers and effectively censors a legitimate viewpoint held by the majority of Americans.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details