Billy Graham’s grandson, Will Graham, has said the 95-year-old evangelist is close to going home to be with the Lord.
Will Graham is the son of Billy Graham’s son, Franklin Graham. In an exclusive interview at Hosanna Christian Fellowship in Bellflower, Calif., last month, Will Graham spoke about his grandfather’s frail condition.
“I saw my grandfather last week, and he is not doing well,” Graham said, according to Assist News Service. “He’s not suffering or anything. It’s just that old age has caught up to him and is sucking the life out of him.”
Franklin Graham recently spoke about the declining health of his father.
“My father's health has declined quite a bit in the last few days,” Franklin Graham told the Charlotte station WSOC-TV Friday. “He hasn't been able to get his strength back. Vitals are good. He's just weak and at home.”
Billy Graham turned 95 in November, just a month after a hospital visit for tests on his pulmonary system. He has suffered from respiratory problems for years. Will Graham said though he can walk, he has been in a wheelchair for a long time because it is safer.
“On Nov. 7 [with his "My Hope America With Billy Graham" outreach], he finished his race and up until that time, God had protected his health and gave him supernatural strength and now, the only thing left is for him to come home,” Will Graham said. “God has removed His hand of protection, and old age has set in."
Franklin Graham requested prayers for his father this week.
“Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book, The Reason for My Hope: Salvation, that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.”
When asked how to pray for his grandfather, Will Graham replied, “I don’t know how to answer that anymore. I wish He would give him strength, but I don’t think he needs strength anymore. It’s time to go home.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details