In an emotional service that saw Pastor Ron Carpenter Jr. break down with sobbing in the middle of the message, the Redemption World Outreach leader said he would not seek reconciliation with his wife after she engaged in multiple affairs.
Carpenter told his church on Sunday that his wife, Hope, voluntarily checked in to a one-year rehabilitation program and is seeking psychiatric treatment. He also disclosed that she had multiple affairs. In fact, he said she was having an affair even while the couple was seeking reconciliation from an older indiscretion.
“I’ve lost 12 pounds in four days. I have slept an hour and a half, and I’ve eaten half an omelet,” he told the congregation, explaining that he would spare no expense in this one-year treatment for his wife to have the very best care possible.
Carpenter made it clear that he did not want his church praying for a reconciliation.
“My pursuit is no longer the reconciliation of this union," he said. "My pursuit is not trying to restore her to ministry. It’s not trying to restore her to a union. I am trying to help her save her life. I do not want you to be falsely led or falsely praying or falsely believing, and I want you to know that position is solid. I never dreamed in a billion years I’d ever be here.”
Carpenter explained that he didn’t make the decision not to seek reconciliation with his wife randomly or without thought. But after a decade of destructive events that he can’t fix, he is now focusing on ministering to his family.
Stay tuned to Charisma News for more of Carpenter’s story.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer