Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar of the popular TLC program 19 Kids and Counting are taking a stand against Tennessee's abortion policy.
The fruitful parents are publicly campaigning for the Tennessee Abortion Amendment, also known as Amendment 1, which will be voted on during the November 2014 general election. Their first stop will be the "Heartbeats for Life" event on Monday, Nov. 4, exactly one year before the vote, at Cornerstone Church in Madison, Tenn. The Duggars, known for their pro-life stance, will be keynote speakers at the fundraiser sponsored by Heartbeat Haven Pregnancy Center on Nov. 4.
"We are so excited to be coming to help kick off the push to get Amendment 1 passed," Michelle Duggar says. "Since the extremely liberal state Supreme Court ruled in 2000 that the state of Tennessee cannot put any regulations on abortion, Tennessee has become an abortion procedure destination." A Tennessee Supreme Court ruling in 2000 interpreted the state constitution to include greater protections for abortion than the United States Constitution. The proposed amendment would allow lawmakers to require a waiting period prior to an abortion, place greater restrictions on later-term abortions and draft rules on what doctors are required to tell women prior to an abortion.
"Most states acknowledge the need to give women vital information about the seriousness of their decision before they take the life of their baby," Michelle Duggar says. "Tennessee does not even require parental consent, counseling beforehand, having a waiting period to think about it, or have minimal clinical standards. Veterinarian clinics for animals in Tennessee have higher standards in health and safety laws than there are for the abortion clinics involving human life. We must join together and end the baby holocaust that is taking place right here in Tennessee."
The evening will also include speaker Dr. Alveda King, niece of the late civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.; a musical performance by the Duggar family; a Duggar family book signing; and a live auction.
"We are asking the people of Tennessee to get behind and pass Amendment 1, which will allow the Tennessee state representatives and senators to establish basic laws to help protect women and their unborn babies," says former Arkansas Rep. Jim Bob Duggar. "All proceeds raised at this event will be donated to Heartbeat Haven Pregnancy Center, located in Lafayette, Tenn., home of the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the state."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details