Paris Jackson, the 15-year-old daughter of the late pop legend Michael Jackson, tried to take her own life on Wednesday. The young Jackson is reportedly “physically fine.”
TMZ reports Jackson left a suicide note before cutting her arm with a meat cleaver and taking a large number of Motrin pills. She also reportedly called a suicide hotline. The counselor called 911. After receiving stitches for the cut, she reportedly was placed under psychiatric supervision.
"Paris is physically fine and is getting appropriate medical attention," Perry Sanders, an attorney for Paris' grandmother and guardian, Katherine Jackson, said in a statement. “Being a sensitive 15-year-old is difficult no matter who you are. It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you."
Michael Jackson died in 2009 from a fatal dose of a surgical anesthetic during rehearsals for his London concert series, “This Is It.” He was 50.
Some believe the drama that continues around Michael Jackson’s death may be causing stress for his surviving daughter. Others point to the anniversary of her father’s death as a reason for the suicide attempt.
"People who feel no one understands them are vulnerable to wanting to join a beloved deceased parent or family member,” Dr. Ran Walfish, author of The Self-Aware Parent, told WENN. “Given Paris' personal circumstances and the anniversary of her father's death, she was a high-risk candidate for suicide."
But some are suggesting Jackson’s suicide attempt is the fruit of being raised as a Jehovah Witness (JW). According to the DailyMail, in May, Jackson refused to follow her grandmother in preaching door-to-door, as is common in the JW faith.
"After years of going with her family around their Calabasas, Calif., neighborhood spreading the religion's message every Sunday, the 15-year-old and her brother, Prince Michael, 16, have decided to no longer participate," the paper reports.
“There is a high incidence of suicide attempts and cutting among JW children,” he says. “They’re told to go to all the meetings; they’re told Armageddon is coming; they’re told they need to go door-to-door to hand out materials. Kids with minds of their own develop problems with these demands and act out in various ways. Suicide attempts are not uncommon.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details