The Obama administration is requiring federal workers to publicly embrace and affirm homosexuality. Last week a whistleblower from the Department of Justice (DOJ) contacted Liberty Counsel seeking help to protect her First Amendment rights.
The whistleblower sent Liberty Counsel a copy of an email sent to all DOJ employees, entitled, "LGBT Inclusion at Work: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Managers." The directive requires employees to vocally affirm homosexuality. "DON’T judge or remain silent. Silence will be interpreted as disapproval," the DOJ tells employees.
No longer can Christians quietly dissent or remain neutral to same-sex sexual relationships. Now the DOJ is requiring federal employees to affirm sexual behaviors that every major religion throughout history has deemed immoral.
A homosexual employee is quoted in the directive: "Silence seems like disapproval. There's still an atmosphere of LGBT issues not being appropriate for the workplace (particularly for transgender people), or that people who bring it up are trying to rock the boat."
The DOJ also instructs managers to "display a symbol in your office (DOJ Pride sticker, copy of this brochure, etc.) indicating that it is a 'safe space.'"
Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, explains, "Under this directive, one cannot be a Christian and a manager at the Department of Justice. How does one who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Bible display 'gay pride' stickers?The Department of Justice is engaged in viewpoint discrimination and religious intolerance."
"LGBT Inclusion at Work: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Managers" also instructs managers to "use inclusive words like partner, significant other or spouse rather than gender-specific terms like husband and wife" and to "use a transgender person's chosen name and the pronoun that is consistent with the person's self-identified gender."
In dealing with transgenders, the directive quotes a man who dresses like a woman: "I want people to understand that I'm real. I want to be recognized as the gender I really am. ... Just imagine if people were constantly debating YOUR bathroom privileges. Imagine how humiliating that would be.'"
"This administration is pushing the most radical, immoral agenda on the American people," Staver notes. "Christians are not merely required to 'shut up,' but now they are being coerced to embrace immorality that goes against their sincerely held religious beliefs. Liberty Counsel will do whatever is required to stand for religious freedom amidst this religiously intolerant administration."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details