Messianic rabbi Jonathan Cahn's keynote address at the January Presidential Inaugural Breakfast went viral on YouTube shortly after its posting.
The video has garnered over 100,000 views, gaining worldwide attention for its bold outcry for America to return to God.
Though its controversial message initially received some suppression on the Internet, its popularity continued to grow. Many have called it “the most important and powerful clip on YouTube ever.”
In the video, Cahn, author of the New York Times best-seller The Harbinger, addressed a host of senators and members of Congress at the historic Marriot Wardman Park, one of Washington, D.C.'s most famous landmarks. He unapologetically stated that his message would not be politically correct, nor political, but biblical.
“We must sound the alarm that must be sounded,” Cahn stated in his keynote address at the interdenominational, bipartisan event. “We must address what must be addressed, and so the message now will not be politically correct. Nor will it be political. It will be biblical. It will be true. And wherever it falls, let it fall.
“I will not hold back,” he continued. “And if I offend you, I apologize that I cannot apologize for offending you. Without truth there is no love. On a day that so embodies the future course of this nation, it's critical that we both pray and speak the truth.”
Cahn passionately detailed the prophetic parallels between ancient Israel and the modern-day decline of morality in America.
“As the people of ancient Israel, in the midst of their blessings, committed a fatal error, so have we,” he continued. “We too, as a nation, have turned from God. We too, as a nation, have removed Him from our lives. Step by step we too have ruled Him out of our culture, out of our government, out of our economy. We too have ruled Him out of the instruction and lives of our children. We too have made God a stranger. And as we have driven God from our national life, we have brought in other gods and idols to replace Him—gods of sensuality, violence, wealth, carnality, sexual promiscuity. And as did Israel, so too we have abandoned the ways of God and the laws of God for the ways of immorality.”
The Harbinger has garnered national attention for its documentation of parallels between what has happened in the United States since the 2001 terrorist attacks—including the economic collapse—and Israel’s history after it turned away from God. Told in fictional narrative, the book unfolds how nine signs concealed in recent events reveal God’s progressive judgment.
The Harbinger, published on Jan. 3, 2012 by Frontline/Charisma House, has sold more than 1 million units and charted for 56 weeks on the New York Times Best Sellers list and 55 weeks on USA Today’s Top 150 Books.
Click here to watch the video of Cahn's message.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details