A recently released report by Rainer Research conducted on 18- to 22-year-olds showed that only 39 percent of those who dropped out of church saw their churches as “caring,” while 51 percent described them as “judgmental.”
Other unfavorable views came to light as well. Forty-one percent said their churches were “insincere.”
Only 20 percent described their churches as “inspirational”; 30 percent said their churches were “authentic”; and a surprisingly low 36 percent called their churches “welcoming.”
For Sam S. Rainer III, who heads Rainer Research, these insider perceptions are troubling. “Yes, we need to be greatly concerned about outside perceptions,” Rainer said. “But perhaps more frightening are what our own students are saying about our churches.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details