As a historic U.S. presidential race enters its final week, Christians are being implored by one of the nation’s leading prayer organizers to fast and pray for abortion and gay marriage to end, and for the nation’s next president to govern with godly principles.
Lou Engle, who founded a prayer movement called TheCall, will convene a massive rally at 10 a.m. this Saturday at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. California’s recent Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage was a major source of motivation for Engle’s choice of venue.
In a statement on his website, Engle called gay marriage “a reflection of how far down the line we have come in removing the very moral foundations that preserve society.”
“The moral levies in America are breaking, and once marriage is redefined, it will be a matter of time before the entire structure of morality collapses within our nation,” he said, referring to the California court’s decision. “In one sense, [gay marriage] mirrors our own inward moral concessions as a church to the prevailing culture, and it is the fruit of a compromising silence that has failed to confront the rising spiritual and political contenders.”
Engle has been credited in recent years with spawning a national anti-abortion movement, especially among Christian youth. His followers peacefully protest the silencing of infants in the womb by taping their mouths shut with red tape that has “life” written across it.
Engle has said the blood of nearly 50 million babies slaughtered since Roe v. Wade legalized abortion in the U.S. is piling up to the heavens and “crying for justice.”
Next Tuesday’s general election ballot in California includes Proposition 8, an initiative titled “Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry,” which if passed would amend the state constitution to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
Along with thousands of other Christians, Engle for 12 hours will plead for God to show mercy on America in the midst of its moral decline. “This is not a time for hiding in caves,” he said ahead of the event. “This is a time to resist mightily the spirit of peaceful coexistence and apathetic resignation in the face of this prevailing darkness.”
Admission to the stadium event on Saturday is free, but registration is required (thecall.com).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer