As Christian reality TV shows start to emerge, Oral Roberts University (ORU) is taking a classic approach to broadcasting with its new "Face to Face" television series.
In each 30-minute episode of "Face to Face," ORU President Mark Rutland will interview prominent individuals—industry leaders, ministers, writers, and musicians—to ask about their lives, how they arrived at their current position, and what their thoughts are on leadership, faith, culture, and other questions of the day.
"Some things about a person you can't learn from a distance," says Rutland. "That's the reason I like to be face to face with somebody, and really get to know them."
"Face to Face" will debut on Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. CST on Golden Eagle Broadcasting, DirecTV and GoldenEagle.tv. The first episode features James Robison, host of Life Today and founder of Life Outreach International.
Here's a line up of individuals that will appear on "Face to Face":
- Basketball coaching legend Eddie Sutton
- Author Stephen Mansfield
- Mardel Christian and Education founder and ORU Board Chair Mart Green
- Author, speaker and ORU trustee and alumna Lynette Lewis
- Relevant Media Group founder and CEO, and ORU trustee and alumnus Cameron Strang
- Building Community Institute founder Clifton Taulbert
- Author/speaker Simon T. Bailey
- Victory Christian Center Senior Pastor Sharon Daugherty
- Daughter of Oral Roberts and ORU trustee and alumna Roberta Potts
- ORU International Worship Center Director Wayne Lee
- Tulsa County District Attorney Tim Harris
"I think viewers will enjoy the style as well as the substance of 'Face to Face,'" Rutland says. "It's not a grilling; it's two people talking about topics that matter. People say fascinating things when you ask the right questions."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.