The controversy over President Obama's birth certificate shouldn't be an issue in the 2012 election. That's because the President has finally produced the long form certificate that so-called "birthers" have so long demanded.
And guess who's taking credit? Possible 2012 presidential hopeful Donald Trump.
"I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully, hopefully, getting rid of this issue," Trump told reporters after exiting his helicopter in New Hampshire, according to the Associated Press. (See video below.)
The White House has made the long-form birth certificate available in PDF form. Still, Trump wants to see the actual document with his own eyes.
The controversy around Obama's birthplace started in 2008 during his presidential campaign. With opponents suggesting he was born in Kenya or Indonesia and therefore not qualified to run for president, Obama's campaign requested his birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. The state sent the campaign the President's birth certificate, but the criticism didn't end.
Trump recently reopened the issue, and Obama decided to put an end to the debate once and for all. "We do not have time for this kind of silliness," Obama said. "We've got better stuff to do. I've got better stuff to do. We've got big problems to solve."
Obama believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn't good for the country. The President directed his counsel to review the legal authority for seeking access to the long form certificate and to request on that basis that the Hawaii State Department of Health make an exception to release a copy of his long form birth certificate. Obama had previously produced a certificate of live birth, which is standard in Hawaii.
"At a time of great consequence for this country—when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue," says Dan Pfeiffer, White House Communications Director. "The President's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details