The 20th Annual Faith & Values Awards Gala and Report to the Entertainment Industry will be held Friday, Feb. 10, 2012 at the Universal Hilton Hotel near the heart of Hollywood.
"From Hollywood to Eternity" is the theme of the Gala, also known as the Movieguide Awards and the Teddy Bear Awards.
"We are very excited about celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Faith and Values Awards," says Dr. Ted Baehr, founder of Movieguide: The Family Guide to Movies and Entertainment. "It will be a special evening where we once again honor those movies and television programs that inspire viewers rather than offend them."
The highlight of the evening will be the presentation of the two $100,000 Epiphany Prizes for Inspiring Movies & TV, which will honor the best movie and best television program in 2011 that "greatly increase man's love or understanding of God."
Another highlight will be the presentation of the $50,000 Kairos Prizes for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplays by First-Time or Beginning Screenwriters, which honor the three best scripts from beginning screenwriters that "greatly increase man's love or understanding of God."
Both the Epiphany and the Kairos Prizes are supported by a grant from the John Templeton Foundation.
Another big award that evening will be the Grace Awards for Inspiring Performances in Movies & TV given to the best performance by an actor or actress that best exemplifies "God's grace toward us as human beings." Also, Crystal Teddy Bears will be given to the best family movies and the best movies for mature audiences of the year, where one winner also will be declared to take the top position in each field. Finally, special awards will be given to the winners of the two Faith & Freedom Awards for Promoting Positive American Values in Movies & TV.
At the Gala, Baehr will present highlights from Movieguide's Annual Report to the Entertainment Industry, which each year studies how popular and financially successful family-friendly movies and television programs and movies and television programs with spiritually uplifting, faith-based content and values are.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details